I’ve been working on a “How Many Days ‘Till Christmas” calendar. Well, not really working per se, but thinking about it. Oh, and I have the little envelopes, so that counts. But they aren’t decorated, and I have no idea how I’m going to display them.
If you, too, are planning on making an Advent type calendar, then you you will LOVE the collection of ideas at Crafty Daisies!
I don’t want to have candy or treats in the envelopes, so I’m trying to come up with ideas for activities. Kiddley has a great list. The problem is I am a bit lazy, and some of them I read and think “sounds great!” but then in reality, I wouldn’t want to complete the activity. Scrooge much?! Or just realistic? You decide!
Here’s a list of activities gleaned from the internet and my own head:
- Watch a Christmas movie before bed.
- Take picture with Santa
- Have an indoor picnic
- Make s’mores around the fire pit outside
- Make decorations for the tree
- take a drive and look at lights
- make snowflakes and hang them up
- Watch “Charlie Brown Christmas”
- paint toenails
- make a peanut butter pinecone bird feeder
- make a Christmas craft
- Purchase a present to give to charity
- go bowling
- make handmade cards for relatives
- decorate cookies or cupcakes
- Go feed birds at the lake
- Have a camp out around the Christmas tree
- Read Polar Express by the Christmas tree
and some specific days:
- December 9 -go to friend’s Christmas party
- December 16 -tour old mansion all decked out for the season
- December 18 – make giftwrap and wrap gifts for teachers
- December 21 – go to lunch with Daddy
- Dec. 19 – make a gingerbread house at library
I would LOVE to hear more ideas!